Wednesday, November 21, 2012

And there is knitting... Yarn Along

There is A LOT of knitting happening right now! But since the wrong set of eyes may fall upon these virtual pages, a mass reveal is scheduled post holiday gift-giving. This lovely little sweater is Kinsale by Terri Kruse and also destined as a gift. A gift that I intend to present tomorrow... Nothing like a little rush knitting around the holidays! I like this pattern a lot: the twisted stitch for interest, top-down construction for ease of finishing, and the extra large opening for the head. On several occasions a young recipient has not been able to get his or her head through a neck opening, creating a lot more work for me reopening shoulder seams and installing buttons. The stripes are not part of the pattern, but I am using up all sorts of remnants to try and reduce some stash.
In my reading, I am still working on The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. It has been, ahem, a very busy month. If you would like to see what other people are working on this week, check out Ginny's page. And for my American friends: Happy Thanksgiving! Joyful preparing and safe travels to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A knitters nightmare, not being able to get your head in the opening!! lol man, putting a little button there is a great idea!
Love the sweater.
Happy knitting~
Dawn