Sunday, April 20, 2014

Indignation

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! The Farmer and I enjoyed our nephews and their parents as they visited for their Spring Break. This picture was a favorite of mine from today. We were dying Easter eggs this afternoon with the eggs that our chicken Athena laid. She was looking on for a while...
Can you just hear her inner dialog?

"My children! What have they done to them?!"

"I could tell they were MY eggs because they WERE white!"

"Darrell! Why did you jump off the cliff!" (To the cracked one.)

"Teen-agers! Why do they need to through the phase where they dye their shells in awkward colors?"

"Let me cuff your ears to straighten you out!" (While aggressively pecking the eggs.)

"The horror! The shock! My heart!"

"Checking the merchandise to make sure they are up to Easter Bunny expectations... YES! They pass! I rule at laying perfection!"

"Whaaaaaaaaa????!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.............."

No comments: