Friday, August 2, 2024

A Whack of Washcloths

And as summer rumbles to a close, here is my very distracted collection of washcloths that I made. The project is a combination of trying to knit up stray balls of yarn, travel knitting, and of course needing a few new washcloths. 


The first one was knit on a mini road trip to Turkey Run State Park with my work friend who was driving. She drives a little too close to other cars, so, nice distraction! We had an amazing hike in this wonderful park and ate ice cream at a locale called Gobbler's Knob: Eats Sweets & Mercantile. I mean, you have to!

The next day, I made another while trying to calm down after the airline canceled my flight to Vegas. Lucky me, I was able to get another flight on a different airline later that day. The Farmer and I went to see Dead and Company at the Sphere. We also saw Absinthe, which featured stunning acrobatics and many adult jokes. The shows were both astounding, but let it be known that will my only trip to that town.

Then I was clearing out a box of yarn when the yellow yarn fell back into my hands. I knit my niece a cute sweater with it in 2012. It's so soft and makes an awesome cloth as well as sweater.

I happened to bring the last of the white ball on my flight to Texas. We spent a week in Levelland at Great Plains College for Camp Bluegrass. We met amazing people, had great teachers, and heard some wonderful live music. And since we had to bring all of our bedding and towels, we didn't have enough. So the washcloth was pressed into action as a face towel immediately!

I'm hoping to ramp up knitting production as soon as school routines gets reestablished. I need to knit a cowl for a good friend, finish up some projects that have been laying around forever, and using up some more stash. 

Enjoy the end of summer! I'm not going to lie, I am ready for sweater weather!

No comments: