Saturday, August 14, 2010

State Fair 2010

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to visit the 2010 Indiana State Fair, where I entered several items for judging. I am pleased to report that the peacock shawl that I knit for my sister-in-law's wedding last September won a blue ribbon! She is a wonderful person to let me borrow this from her.



My sister-in-law makes the most exquisite quilted wall hangings from prize ribbons. If you have a lot of ribbons that you have won in competition and wish to have them made into a quilt, make sure to visit her website: www.showthrow.com. She would be happy to take your order! It's going to take me a long time to amass enough for a showpiece like she makes!

The shawl amidst its competitors.


Here is a proper picture of the shawl over a wedding dress.


I also entered two antiques which won some ribbons, while some strawberry jam and a photo did not win anything. All in all, a Very successful year at the fair for me! Thanks to my good friend P.O. for inspiring me to enter some items.

Till next time, Happy Knitting! (Maybe I'll have something finished for a change!)

No comments: