Monday, March 4, 2013

SWAP!

This past month I signed up to be part of a swap on the Whole Latte Chocolate Love group on Ravelry. It's for knitters who enjoy chocolate, coffee, and knitting, of course. We put together packages that contain chocolate, coffee, yarn, and little special things that would go well with those items. Below is a partial view of what things I had in my buddy's box: Squish Me hat pattern from Knitspot, matching Bare Naked Wool DK weight wool in colorway cocoa, some Malabrigo sock yarn, truffles from Concannon's Bakery, other dark chocolates, and Main Street coffee, which recently got bought by Concannon's. I also finished some handmade quilted note cards.My goody box was right up my alley! My swap partner lives in Omaha, NE, and got me all kinds of things from her home town: Scooter'coffee (founded in Bellevue, NE, in 1998), a large bag of Baker's Candies' famous meltaway dark chocolates (family-owned factory in Greenwood, NE), and a skein of Malabrigo Rios yarn from the local yarn store, Personal Threads Boutique. She also thoughtfully supplied reading material on each of these places. I love learning something about other places and supporting local business. To top the box off with the chocolate theme was a little shower kit that included shower gels in cocoa velvet truffle scent and buttercream delight scent. Till next time... I'll be wide awake and knitting!

No comments: