Monday, March 31, 2014

Omelet

"Finally..." should be the name of this delightful knit. It took me a long time to knit and finish this lovely lace-y goody:
            Start date: June 15, 2012, during a sleepless night in Innsbruck, Austria
            Finish date: February 23, 2014, snowstorm raging in Indiana
            Posting date: March 31, a beautiful Spring day
The pattern is Omelet from the 2011 Summer issue of knitty.com. Yarn is left over Fiddlesticks Knitting Exuisite from THIS epic project.
I'm not sure why I thought a second lace shawl would be easier than the first. It was definitely just as taxing, especially when I had to tink back 4 rows of 300+ stitches. I should really just knit what the chart says. Some lessons are learned the hard way, over and over again!

Modeled photos will follow in another post.
Lastly, I am delighted to share that one of our chickens has recommenced laying for the season!
Omelets for all! Happy eating, happy Spring, and happy lace shawls to you!

Linking to Ginny for the Yarn Along!

8 comments:

kjramstack said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! I just finished the Follow Your Arrow Shawl - my first. I'm so proud of it. I didn't think I would enjoy knitting a shawl as much as I did. Or maybe it was the lacework...

bread and buttons said...

Wow it is gorgeous and well worth the effort, even the frogging:)

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

I love your shawl! And I have to say it is a relief to me that I am not the only person to have projects on needles for years.

Donna said...

Congrats on the egg. That shawl is so beautiful! Definitely worth all your hard work. Enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shawl, such a lovely pattern. And yay for the egg as well, how appropriate lol

Unknown said...

Just lovely. That's one that I put in the queue and then take out, and then put in, yada yada. Now you have convinced me to put it back in. Gorgeous!

steph said...

i knit that one a while ago, and it's still one of my favorite shawls that i wear as a scarf!!! congrats on the first egg of the season!!!

Faeryfay said...

Beautiful shawl!