Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thank You For the Music... I Mean... Yarn

I've been feeling very thankful this three-day weekend. We have almost made it to summer vacation after a tough year. My students gave me a nice thank you basket of yarn and knitting needles at the awards banquet last weekend. The personalized gift was thoughtful, and I am using the pink yarn to made some "blankies" for my niece's twin dolls. (She also recently acquired twin sisters, so she might need a little extra something when I see her on vacation in a few weeks.)


In other news, my garden has produced one beautiful red rose so far.

And my veggie beds are a little (OK, a lot) over run by chamomile, which in spite of its amazing medicinal properties, is a weed. 

I was warned to keep this problem in hand by, well, actually weeding, but they are really pretty...

Finally, I decided that if life hands you chamomile, you should make tea.

The tea is DELICIOUS!

And hopefully the little blankets will be appreciated also.

Happy almost summer!

No comments: