Saturday, December 29, 2018

Mitts!

Chanukah and Christmas have come and gone, (with exception of the 7 remaining Christmas days), but of course the knitting is just now getting completed. At the very last minute I decided to knit my sister-in-law some mitts. I had one finished for our gift exchange on December 26, and managed to knit the second one by last night.

  • Pattern: Wheaten Fingerless Mitts by Anne Hanson
  • Start date: December 24 at 6:00 am
  • End date: December 28 at 6:00 pm
  • Yarn: 2016 Shady Grove Alpacas Sport in colorway Dark Star with 10% tencil, 1.7 oz or just under one skein 
  • Needles: size 2 and 3
  • For: Kate


This was another wonderful pattern, very easy and so pretty and rewarding. The Dark Star sport yarn is 90% alpaca and 10% tencil, a combination that I seem to be less allergic to than regular 100% alpaca. I might try this yarn in a project that is for me, just to test the theory... 🥰 


No comments: