Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Clara



I fell in love with this little dress as it popped up on several blogs I like to look in on. I like it even more now that it is finished and about to be gifted to my newest niece (age 7.5 months) this weekend. She will most likely wear it to a party for her Grandfather, who just attained an impressively numbered birthday! Coincidentally, I will be performing Märchenbilder by Robert Schumann on the viola during that party. Schumann was of course married to a famous woman named Clara. Kind of fun connection.



Details:
Pattern: Clara Dress
Yarn: Isager Strik Alpaca 2, most of 2 skeins
Needles: Size 4
Colorway: Dusty Plum
Size: The larger one, though the dress is not going to fit a 2 year old!
Started: December 25, 2009 as I was traveling with my husband to Washington, DC in a non-stop driving rain storm on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. An auspicious start, but a little rugged knitting never hurt anyone!
Finished: March 27, 2010, first day of spring break!


View of the back and adorable buttons.

I went up one needle size on the dress, because I had forgotten the proper size of needle at home. It did not knit up too loosely and added even more to the beautiful drape of the fabric. A very fun project, though the delicate yarn and small needles did make it a bit tedious at various stages.

Happy Spring and Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!
Great work - Congratulations from germany ;-)
Have fun while further knitting. Or like you use to say: happy knitting!
Brigitte