Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And the Sorting Hat Shouts...

GRYFFINDOR!



Nephew #1 turned 9 years old recently, so technically he is still too young for Hogwarts, let alone a 3rd year scarf, but how can you deny a favorite person a knitted gift that he requested?!?



I have been revisiting the Harry Potter book series via Books on CD recently on my commutes - so fun! I am trying to get through all of them before the last movie comes out this June. That will be a sad day... but I'm sure the thrill of these books will not be lost on several other nephews who will also need Harry Potter knits in the near future! I am so thrilled that my nephew not only can read well, but is enjoying a series that has become a family favorite.

The Details - Beanie
Pattern: House Hats, Beanie by Alison Hansel
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted
Needles: size 8
Colorway: Burnt Sienna and Butternut
Size: Small
Started: January 2009
Finished: February 2009



The Details - 3-4 Year Scarf
Pattern: Year 3-4 Scarf by Lauren Kent
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted
Needles: size 8
Colorway: Burnt Sienna and Butternut
Size: Small and short
Started: January 4, 2011
Finished: March 6, 2011



A quote from the nephew's Grandma (who is also my Mother-in-Law): "I mostly wanted to tell you that J. absolutely LOVED the scarf and hat! It was so cute... when he opened up the scarf and hat, he jumped up in the air yelling, "this is exactly what I wanted!" And laughing his J. laugh, he put them both right on!! It was so cute to see! I have never seen a 9 year old boy so excited about a scarf and hat! By the way, they fit perfectly!!"



Happy Magical Knitting!

No comments: