Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Start-itis Yarn Along

The air is heavy with start-itis and delusions of non-stop knitting! Here are just a few of my day dreams:
First up is a lace scarf with Anne Hanson's Wheaten pattern using lace yarn from our alpaca The Eleven. I'm not sure if this is the right combination, especially the cable part. The swatch is already blocked. Any thoughts? (Sorry for the bad lighting.)

Second is a hat (or possible cowl) made from Lopi spun yarn with 10% tencil from our alpaca Dark Star. It will be a child's hat thanks to lack of stitches. It is deliciously heavy and warm!

I've had my eye on making these fingerless mitts for a few years and some Malabrigo Rios at the ready. My LYS is closing its doors, and when I was shopping the tremendous sale yesterday, I happened upon the pattern book and bought it. I prefer paper patterns to downloads: WIN!

At the sale I also found some very pretty yarns whose colors did not photograph well. No spoilers, but I hope to show you a reveal of several projects at the end of December. I love planning ahead!

My list of imminent projects is even longer, but I better stop here for now. Happy Spring! Be sure to join Ginny and the other knitters here: http://www.gsheller.com/2016/03/yarn-along-272.html

No comments: