Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Stay Alkaline

One way I'm trying to stay healthy is by choosing foods that have an alkaline property. Viruses and bacteria do not like an alkaline environment and cannot survive in such circumstances. Since last summer, I have been following the smoothie ideas on Green Smoothie Girl and have enjoyed the flavor and healthy results. For me the key is adding fruits that lend sweetness like banana and apple. Here was my breakfast smoothie from this morning.



It made about 4 cups. On a normal school day where I am actually going to school, I put all the ingredients in one of the smaller take-away containers the night before and then blend it quickly in the morning. We recently got a Ninja blender, and it is awesome!

Smoothie Recipe
1 Banana
1 Apple
1 Clementine (This is actually not an alkaline fruit, so use sparingly.)
3/4 cup Gooseberries, frozen from the garden
1 rib Celery
handful of Kale
1 Garlic clove
1 Ginger piece, one square inch
1 Tbsp Flax seeds
1 tsp Olive oil (to help digest vitamins that are fat soluble)
1 c Water


Now to convince the Farmer that he could get over his awful cold faster by eating more of these foods. He wants me to find peer-reviewed scientific articles. I sent him to Google! We're having fun together, and eating very well. Hang tight, it might be a long haul...

No comments: