Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Yarn Beast

I chose to procrastinate on what looked like a quick project. It ended up being a crazy big project, complete with knitting a tube longer than my torso. After starting another (incomplete) shawl by Stephen West in October, I should have known better. I finally finished The Farmer's cowl today...

This is my first completed Stephen West pattern: Painted Bricks Cowl. The Farmer was smitten with the pattern as soon as he laid eyes on it, so I knew I needed to follow through.


I appreciate the multiple ways one can wear the cowl. It is super warm, squishy, and thick.

It looks best on The Farmer himself. :)

I was hoping to use some Shady Grove yarns, but only one color was available in DK weight. Then I went on a wild stash dive, a drive to a neighboring town, and an impulse internet purchase. One of my favorite things about this project is the bright colors.

Toasty days and nights ahead! 

 Happy Knitting and Happy late Christmas!

No comments: