Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Yarn for Sale!

It’s been a few years, but a quick opportunity to sell some yarn close to home came up at the beginning of June. Westwind Farm and Fiber put together a small fiber festival during the pandemic to help local artisans sell products outdoors. They have continued to host the festival, adding fun activities for families and children. 


I had two tables for displays, giving me the opportunity to explore some options. I added depth with some empty cardboard boxes that were strategically covered with shawls and hats. 

Lots of room for all the felt sheets at the end. I still only put out a few skeins of each type of yarn with each sample to cut down on setup time. 

And putting my mom’s straw star display tree to new use by hanging yarn from it was a nice way to display lace- and fingering weight yarns. 

The setup still took a really long time, so new strategies for making that go quicker are needed. It was fun to see all the families enjoy the time with all the great animals and activities. Best of all, I had one significant sale, allowing me to also reconnect with an acquaintance from a few years ago!

Happy knitting!

 

No comments: