Monday, November 2, 2009

Hey Teach! It's NOVEMBER!

In honor of NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), I am trying to see how many days I can post about new knitting this month. I did not sign up on the NaBloPoMo website because I am tired of being responsible for yet another social networking site membership. However, the idea behind NaBloPoMo is to blog 30 days in a row to form a habit that one will continue. I don't have time to knit that much this month, so I will probably not change my sparse blogging habits too much... I will set my goal for five posts!

Fortunately, there are some finished objects saved up. And yes, you guessed it, my "Hey Teach" sweater was finished a few weeks ago, just as the weather turned cold - and two months after school started. Well, it will be nice new item to wear this coming spring.



Details:
Pattern: Hey Teach! by Helene Rush from Knitty Summer 2008 (knitty.com)
Yarn: Classic Elite Cotton Bam Boo in colorway Rosewood - 5 balls
Needles: Size 6 for stockinette, size 7 for the lace
Started: May 23, 2009
Finished: October 3, 2009

I did not really like this yarn. After this experience, I think I might consider myself a strictly wool knitter. It was hard on my hands and the finished product grew and faded some. I hope it does not continue growing... The yarn is very soft though, which is its redeeming quality against the skin.



The final fit is perfect though. I had to knit my yarn on smaller needles to make it look nice and was fudging numbers in the pattern left and right. The sleeves were the diciest but aside from a little tightness at the seams, they worked out well. I had to knit them longer to fit into the longer armholes that I had made. Cute buttons found at JoAnn Fabrics.



All in all, I would recommend this pattern, but not the yarn, unless you truly love working with cotton and bamboo...

Till SOON (I hope!) - Happy Knitting till then!

No comments: