Monday, December 15, 2014

Squirrel?

I needed a little project to distract myself with. An intense bout of tendinitis left me without the pleasure of playing the viola, knitting, or doing any sort of heavy gardening this Fall. Small decorative items seem to keep with the theme of this past knitting year, so acorns for the Thanksgiving celebration it was. Short bursts of knitting to get me back in shape, or at least not re-injure the healing.
I started with some fresh-cut bare branches in a copper vase.
Scatter the remaining acorns around the bottom.
In the end I felt like the little tree was a bit bare, so I hung them all up.
Just like eating potato chips, you need to keep eating another.
 I kept needing to make another until there were nine.
...to fill all those bare branches...
Fallen harvest.
After Thanksgiving I added some Christmas cheer to the tableau.
I never did blog about the korknisse, the yellow one of which is hanging near the front.
And last year's Yarn Forest gets set up in different configurations every few days.
And who eats all those acorns? Squirrel, of course!
But someone else was a lot less distracted by a squirrel than me, looking away from that fine jump.
A closer look? Whoa!!! (Can you see him above too? Squirrel must not be dinner.)
I watched this amazing animal for about an hour yesterday.

Bird watching! Besides the three cardinals in the photo, there were a dozen juncos,
a few blue jays, and a few female cardinals as well. 
My friend finally flew away when some visitors in a car pulled up and were parking.
What a hoot!

For some fun squirrel videos click here and here! (Warning: cartoons!)

Linking up with Ginny today!

2 comments:

Reinventing Mother said...

So very cute!!!

karen said...

I hear an owl in our woods but haven't seen him. How nifty that you were able to watch yours!!