Friday, July 27, 2018

Cowl Obsession 


My vacation yarn knit up very quickly in this easy-to-memorize cowl pattern. Somehow I was always picking it up, and in a few days, I was finished! Somehow my souvenir yarns are mostly becoming cowls. Look HERE for another example. Below is the newest cowl.



I used the pattern loosely to serve the color changes of the yarn. Instead of making an eyelet row every 10 rows, I waited until a new color revealed itself fully. Most of the knit rows contain 13 or 14 rows. I knit until I mostly ran out of yarn. A very tiny bit remained.



The pattern is Stacked Eyelet Cowl by Ami Madison in Sour Cherries. And the yarn is by Spincycle in Sport weight with color way "rusted rainbow," which I find quite apt!



Here's how the cowl wears in real life, a little more slouchy, or pulled up as if there are gale force winds.



While I am not quite ready for summer to be over, school to start, or gardening to end, I am looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear this treat!

No comments: